Sunday 2 July 2017

Shoot to Thrill

This week has seen me complete my second Regiment of Crossbows so I now have enough to field a Horde if required. I also still have plenty of the box of Spears / Crossbows left that I got from Ebay so I could do a Horde of Spearmen in the future if the spirit moves me.



These chaps are a little more bling than the other Regiment as I went with bronze bracers this time around.

I have ended up painting quite a lot of shooting in the army and also completed the second and last Shadow Troop.



These can be put together with the previous Troop to make a Regiment.


They could also be used as separate Troops if I need more chaff units to go along with the Gargoyles.
Which ever way they are used the three Regiments worth give a good shooting base that should also be able to handle themselves in melee as well.

That should have been the last of the Wyches that needed to be converted and painted but during the week I decided to get a Regiment of Buccaneers added to the available forces.


They would be equipped with a Jar of Four Winds to boost the normal 12" range to 24" and as Thrown weapons can move and shoot without the -1 modifier they potentially offer a more mobile shooting platform. So some Chaos Marauder arms with javelins have been ordered and hopefully they should fit together well.

The Lycans have also come along nicely this week with them reaching the shiny stage having had the shade dip painted on.


Once they have had the first matt varnish layer applied then I will dry brush to bring out the details.

I also took the chance to assemble all my completed units together and get some group shots.






I am rather pleased with the way the army has come together and it has been fun to get the boys & girls ready. Of course if I keep adding units into the army they won't ever be completed, but that is part of the joy of the hobby.
 


2 comments:

  1. Time for some opponents now I guess - any thoughts what you might do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Mick keeps promising to start playing again but I suspect I will need to be traveling into Bristol to get a regular game.

      Delete