Saturday 6 May 2017

Horde of Dancers

This week I completed the last of my four Troops of Blade Dancers and all together they form an impressive block.

Gargoyles look on from the rear


A Horde of Hurt

I have also made some good progress on the Gargoyles which is handy as I am expecting my brother over in the near future for an inaugural game and a cheap unit of fast troops should be useful. He will be basing up some old Warhammer Skaven and we have enough for 1250 points each.

Purple Fury


Multi-base behind

Once again I am not entirely satisfied with how the washes have worked out but I think with some shading and then highlighting they should look OK.

With the upcoming battle in mind I also completed the Hydra and it is mounted on a base that can be used either for KoW or Hordes.

Ready to kill some rats


Bases Seperated

With the upcoming game in mind I have also painted up some of the spare mushrooms I had to use as 'counts-as-trees' to give a little flavor to the battlefield, I may also try and make up a sacrificial alter with statues.

Dragon's Horn Shrooms



I also glued together my final hero ( for the moment ), he will need some green stuff to fill a few gaps but otherwise he went together very easily when compared to the Hordes monsters.

Flying Hero

Tomorrow I will be visiting a table top sale held by a local wargames group so I am sure I will be picking up even more figures to add to my pile of painting unless a miracle happens and my wallet stays shut.



No comments:

Post a Comment